About Me

My research centers on health (care, behaviors, and outcomes), employment shocks, family dynamics, and youth. This work includes studies of the Colorado Family Planning Initiative, the effects of laws increasing the amount of travel needed to obtain reproductive health care, and the effects of changing economic circumstances on marriage, fertility, and child maltreatment. See my “Research” page for details and my “Media” page for coverage of my work in non-academic outlets.

I teach courses at the undergraduate and Ph.D. levels on best practices for evaluating the causal effects of decisions made by individuals, firms, governments, and other policymakers. In teaching, I think the most important thing is to get students excited about the subject matter. I also think it’s important to not take sides so students can learn how economists approach problems, what sorts of things they consider, and what types of arguments they respect.

My family includes Jenise, Claire (born 2012), Clark (born 2015), and Corinne (born 2018). My other love is soccer—I’m an especially avid fan of the The US National Soccer Teams. I’m also into NBA basketball where the Sacramento Kings are the team I’ve followed longest.

According to scientific tests, if I were a superhero I would be Spider-Man; if I were an action movie villain I would be Agent Smith; and if I were a famous leader I would be Ghandi.

© 2024 Jason Lindo