The application for Brainhack ATL 2019 has now closed.
The deadline for the application was Monday, November 4th, 2019.
To apply to Brainhack ATL 2019, you must:
- Attend the entirety of Brainhack ATL.
- If you have extenuating circumstances that would not allow you to attend the entirety of the Brainhack ATL, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apply as an individual to the hackathon, not as a team.
- Be willing to adhere to the Code of Conduct.
- This can be found in the ‘Code of Conduct’ tab at the top of this website.
- Be willing to work as part of a team to contribute to a chosen project.
- Teams will consist of 2 to 5 attendees. Teams will be capped at 5 participants.
- Information about the available Project Tracks can be found on the ‘Projects’ tab at the top of this website. Each team will contribute towards one project.
- Be willing to present your finished work through a quick project presentation towards the end of Brainhack ATL.
Brainhack ATL General Information
Brainhack ATL is a neuroscience hackathon focused on bringing together students, researchers, non-academic industry professionals, engineers, data scientists, and neuroscientists from a variety of fields and expertise to explore the multiple applications of neuroimaging tools from a cross-disciplinary perspective. Brainhack ATL is part of a larger initiative with this same goal that holds simultaneous events all over the world (Brainhack Global 2019).
At Brainhack ATL, there will be:
- Free food provided throughout Brainhack ATL, including breakfast, lunch, dinner, and available snacks for all 3 days of the hackathon
- Lectures by invited guest speakers that will teach about neuroscience and neuroimaging, focusing on their relevance to the specific Project Tracks at Brainhack ATL
- Tutorials by the Organizing Team, Project Leads, and neuroimaging professionals that will help teach specific skillsets that will be needed for Brainhack ATL projects
- Open hacking sessions to encourage collaboration and productivity, allowing teams to meet up during the hackathon and work on their projects.
- The venue for Brainhack ATL will be open 24/7 throughout the hackathon. This is to ensure that teams have a safe, collaborative space to work on their projects late at night, throughout the night, and early in the morning, if teams wish to utilize the space during those times. There will be Brainhack ATL Volunteers staffing the space during these times, and we will have snacks placed out throughout the time as well.
- Prizes awarded to the winning teams of each Project Track!
- Prizes include Titan RTX GPUs and 3D printed versions of the winners’ brains!