Hossein Taghinejad

I earned my bachelor’s and master’s degrees in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Shiraz University and University of Tehran in 2010 and 2013, respectively, in Iran. During my time at University of Tehran, I worked under the supervision of Prof. S. Mohajerzadeh in the Thin-Films Laboratory (TFL). In TFL, I developed CVD-based growth protocols for the synthesis of nanowires (NWs) and nanotubes (NTs) of silicon (Si) and carbon (C), namely SiNWs, SiNTs, and CNTs, for the realization of highly sensitive photodetectors and biosensors. In 2014, I joined the school of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Georgia Institute of Technology, where I am pursing my PhD under the supervision of Prof. Ali Adibi.

My research in Tech is focused on the synthesis and characterization of alloys and heterostructures of 2D materials as building blocks for the design of novel light emitters/detectors. I am also interested in novel physics enabled by the strong interaction of light and 2D materials in hybrid cavity-coupled platforms.