I’m a passionate innovator, software and AI/ML engineer, and technology educator from Hong Kong.
My interests in technology stem from a young age, having received multiple international awards while in high school. At the age of 16, I was granted early admission with scholarship to the Technion – Israel Institute of Technology in Haifa, Israel, where I graduated in August 2023 with a degree in mechanical engineering specialising in robotics and control.
I’m currently pursuing a master’s in computer science remotely at Georgia Tech. My research interest lies in the application of AI/ML methods across various fields, including engineering, digital media, and education. My latest project Viralizard AI, which received a startup grant from Cyberport, utilises NLP techniques to empower social media influencers to create more engaging content.
I’m always open to new opportunities, so feel free to reach out!
- M.S. Computer Science, Machine Learning Specialization, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA (Expected Graduation: Aug 2025)
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Robotics Specialization, Technion – Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel (2019 – 2023)
Other Coursework and MOOCs
- Machine Learning Specialization Certificate, Stanford University (2023)
- Full Stack Web Development – 5 ECTS, University of Helsinki (2023)
- C/C++ Programming with Objects, Data Structures & Algorithms – 6 credits, UC San Diego (2022)
- Professional Certificate in Computer Science for Artificial Intelligence, Harvard University (2021)
- Viralizard AI (2023 – Present)
SaaS platform for social media trend analysis and content creation using NLP. Admitted into the Hong Kong Young Entrepreneur Programme with a HK$100K Cyberport Creative Micro Fund grant in the Sep 2023 cohort. (Pitch Deck) (Website)
- Technion AEHR (2022 – 2023)
Robotics final-year project with mechanical CAD design, control software, and AI planning simulations. Graded 1st place among student projects at the Technion Center for Manufacturing Systems and Robotics. (Video) (Poster)
- PEDOSA Ecosystem (2015 – 2020)
Web-based platform for modular IoT development and STEM education. Recognised at the UN World Summit Awards, European Youth Award, Hong Kong ICT Awards. Innovation Patent 2018102088 AU, Registered Design 1801360.3 HK. (Website)
- Fung, J. (2023) Convolutional Neural Network Approach for Surrogate Modelling of the Torsion Problem. To be presented at the IEEE 3rd ICIMIA, Dec 2023. (PDF)
- Kwok, P., Chen, J., Fung, J. (2022) Two-way Knowledge Transfer Among University Academics, Young Entrepreneurs, NGOs and Students in STEM and IoT Metaverses. APSCE 30th ICCE. (PDF)
- Kwok, P., Chen, J., Fung, J. (2022) A Curriculum Package of Social and Ethical Concerns In Metaverse Ecosystem In School Education Based On Bloom’s Taxonomy. APSCE 30th ICCE. (PDF)
- Machine learning, deep learning, and scientific computing using TensorFlow, PyTorch, MATLAB
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), DevOps and MLOps
- K-12 STEM education course design and delivery
- Robotics control theory, mechanical engineering CAD design using SolidWorks, Creo