Workshop Directions from Atlanta International Airport
- Take the I-75/I-85/I-20/GA-403/Camp Creek Pkwy ramp to Atlanta
- Keep left at the fork and continue toward GA-403 North/I-85 North
- Keep left at the fork and follow signs for I-85/GA-403
- Merge onto GA-403 North/I-85 North
- Take Exit 250 toward 10th Street/14th Street
- Merge onto Williams Street NW
- Turn right at 10th Street NW
- Turn right at Spring Street NW
- Hotel is on the right at 800 Spring Street NW (at the corner of 5th Street and Spring Street)
Parking is provided for attendees at the Georgia Tech Hotel & Conference Center. After parking your vehicle in the hotel parking lot, please ask the front desk volunteers for a parking pass. This pass can be redeemed at the parking booth on your way out.
Ground Transportation & Local Information
Transportation – For attendees who are not driving, there are two main modes of transportation around the Georgia Tech campus: the Tech Trolley and the MARTA rail system. The map on the following page how to get to the Trolley and the MARTA from the Georgia Tech Hotel & Conference Center (marked by a star):
- Tech Trolley – The Trolley is a complementary (free) shuttle around the Georgia Tech campus, and provides transportation to the MARTA Midtown Station to the hotel. The Trolley runs from 5:45am to 10:15pm along the route indicated on the map. It is accessible at a frequency of around 10 minutes during the day, and around half an hour during early morning (before 7:15 am) and late evening (post 7:30 pm). To take the Trolley, exit the Georgia Tech hotel onto 5th Street, and walk a few steps left. The trolley stop to Midtown Station should be right outside Tin Drum.
- MARTA – The MARTA, Atlanta’s rapid transit system, can take you directly to the airport from the conference. The nearest MARTA station (North Ave. Station) is an 8-minute walk away from the Georgia Tech Hotel; the Midtown Station is a few minutes ride on the Tech Trolley. To get to the airport, simply take the southbound train; the final station is the Airport Station.
- Traveling at night – While the surrounding neighborhood is safe during the day, this may not be the case at night. We strongly suggest calling an Uber / Lyft / taxi instead of walking at night.
Dining options – There are a variety of restaurants around the Tech Square area which you might enjoy after the conference:
- Within Tech Square (see map): Subway, Moe’s Southwest Grill, Tin Drum Asian Kitchen, Umma’s House Restaurant, Ray’s New York Pizza, Starbucks and Waffle House. Most restaurants close at 9 pm, but Waffle House is open 24/7.
- Midtown: Several restaurants and pubs are located in the midtown area, which is less than a 15-minute walk away from the Georgia Tech Hotel. Popular choices include Five Guys, Café Agora, Ecco, Fado Irish Pub and Hudson Grille.