- 2019 AIAA Aerospace Power Systems Best Student Paper Competition Award (Vedant Mehta)
- 2019 Spring Capstone Expo, Best senior design project in Nuclear and Radiological Engineering- NTP: Fueling the Future
- ANYON, TX – Vedant Mehta, a Ph.D. student in Nuclear Engineering at the Georgia Institute of Technology, has been awarded a First Place prize in the Innovations in Nuclear Technology R&D Awards sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Nuclear Technology R&D. Mehta’s award is in the Open Competition in the category of Advanced Reactor Systems. His award-winning research paper, “Core Analysis of Spectral Shift Operated SmAHTR,” was published in Annals of Nuclear Energy in January 2019.
- ME Teams Shine at 2019 Spring Capstone Expo | The George W. Woodruff School of Mechanical Engineering | Nuclear and Radiological Engineering- NTP: Fueling the Future
Aaron Sommer, Columbus, GA
Bofeng Chen, Alta Loma, CA
Reed Herner, Plainfield, IL
Karem Chaudhry, New York City, New York
Corey Smith, Canton, GA
- 2018 Sam Nunn security program fellowship, Stefano Terlizzi
- 2018 ANS Certificate of Distinction. Outstanding dedication to the mission of the ANS.
2017 ANS Best Student Poster Award (3rd place). J.T. Gates, A. Denig, R. Ahmed, V. Mehta, D. Kotlyar. “Design of a Nuclear Thermal Rocket with Low-enriched Cermet fuel”. ANS meeting, Washington, DC, USA, October 29- November 2, 2017.
- Andrew Denig has been selected as a recipient of a President’s Undergraduate Research Salary Award (PURA) for Fall 2017. Andrew’s research focuses on designing a nuclear thermal propulsion engine. Congratulations Andrew!
- John Kaffezakis has been selected as a recipient of a President’s Undergraduate Research Salary Award (PURA) for Fall 2017. Naiki investigates the feasibility of high-conversion reactors. Congratulations Naiki!
- Best paper award, M&C 2017: Dan Kotlyar, Manuele Aufiero, Eugene Shwageraus, Massimiliano Fratoni, “Iteration-Free Coupled Monte Carlo with Thermal Hydraulic Method”.