- Bolter, Jay. 2022. “The Condition of Reading in a Digital Media Culture.” In The Digital Reading Condition, edited by Maria Engberg, Iben Have, and Birgitte Stougaard Pedersen, 1st edition. Routledge.
- So-youn Jang, Jisu Park, and Hwajung Hong. 2022. In Visible Climate Change: Exploring Immersive Data Visualisation to Promote Climate Change Awareness in a VR Game. In Extended Abstracts of the 2022 Annual Symposium on Computer-Human Interaction in Play (CHI PLAY ’22). Association for Computing Machinery, New York, NY, USA, 146–152. https://doi.org/10.1145/3505270.3558335
- Bolter, Jay, Colin Freeman, Maria Engberg, and Blair MacIntyre. 2021. “The Acropolis on the Immersive Web.” The Journal of Media Innovations 7 (1): 41–51.
- Bolter, Jay David, Maria Engberg, and Blair MacIntyre. 2021. Reality Media. Cambridge MA: MIT Press.
- Engberg, Maria, and Jay David Bolter. 2020. “The Aesthetics of Reality Media.” Journal of Visual Culture 19 (1): 81–95. https://doi.org/10.1177/1470412920906264.
- Bolter, Jay David. 2019. The Digital Plenitude: The Decline of Elite Culture and the Rise of New Media. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press. https://mitpress.mit.edu/books/digital-plenitude.
- Engberg, Maria, and Jay Bolter. 2017. “Mobile Cinematics.” In Compact Cinematics: The Moving Image in the Age of Bit-Sized Media, edited by Maria Poulaki and Pepita Hesselberth, 165–73. New York: Bloomsbury.
- Ekman, Ulrik, Jay Bolter, Lily Diaz, Morten Søndergaard, and Maria Engberg. 2016. Ubiquitous Computing, Complexity and Culture. New York: Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group.
- Rouse, Rebecca, Maria Engberg, Nassim JafariNaimi, and Jay David Bolter. 2015. “MR X : An Interdisciplinary Framework for Mixed Reality Experience Design and Criticism.” Digital Creativity 26 (3–4): 175–81. https://doi.org/10.1080/14626268.2015.1100123.
- Speiginer, Gheric, Blair MacIntyre, Jay Bolter, Hafez Rouzati, Amy Lambeth, Laura Levy, Laurie Baird, et al. 2015. “The Evolution of the Argon Web Framework through Its Use Creating Cultural Heritage and Community-Based Augmented Reality Applications.” In , 9171:112–24. Human-Computer Interaction: Users and Contexts. Springer.
- Barba, Evan, Blair MacIntyre, and Elizabeth Mynatt. 2012. “Here We Are! Where Are We? Locating Mixed Reality in The Age of the Smartphone.” Proceedings of the IEEE, 100 (4): 929-936. IEEE.
- Bolter, Jay, Blair MacIntyre, Blair MacIntyre, Michael Nitsche, and Kathryn Farley. 2012. “Liveness, Presence, and Performance in Contemporary Digital Media.” In Throughout: Art and Culture Emerging with Ubiquitous Computing,, Cambridge, Massachusetts: The MIT Press.
- Chen, Jiajian, Greg Turk, and Blair MacIntyre. 2012. “A Non-Photorealistic Rendering Framework with Temporal Coherence for Augmented Reality.” Paper presented at ISMAR ’12. 5-8 November 2012. Atlanta, Georgia.
- Mendenhall, Sam, Vu Ha, Paul Tillery, Joshua Cohen, John Sharp, and Blair MacIntyre. 2012. “NerdHerder: Designing for Physical Actions in an Augmented Reality Puzzle Game.” Paper presented at FDG ’12. 30 May – 1 June 2012. Raleigh, North Carolina. New York, New York: ACM, 250-253.
- Xu, Yan, Sam Mendenhall, Vu Ha, Iulian Radu, and Blair MacIntyre. 2012. “Trade-Offs for Designing Handheld Augmented Reality Game Interfaces.” Paper presented at Workshop on Mixed Reality Games at CSCW ’12. 11-15 February 2012. Seattle, Washington.