Planning Process for Introductory Video

Brainstorming

For my video, I want to make it visually appealing, almost like a movie. What I plan on doing is combining a lot of clips of me performing some daily activities with audio inserted in the background. My hope is that doing so will make my video unique. Also, I love exploring Atlanta, so I may get some pretty clips of the skyline to improve my video’s cinematography.

Script

Hi, my name is Cole Parker, and I’m a first-year business student concentrating in information technology management. Growing up in Atlanta, I’ve always wanted to attend Georgia Tech. I’m currently enrolled in English 1102 with Dr. Paige Arrington. According to the syllabus, the course’s theme is “World Crafting: Exploring the Relationship Between Fact and Narrative,” which intrigues me since I love storytelling.

Of the five modes we will be engaging with this semester, I predict oral communication will challenge me the most. In high school, I joined the debate team, and it improved my communication skills tremendously. Previously, when I spoke, I used countless filler words, making my sentences sound childish. However, after competing on the team for four years, I learned to speak with more clarity and rhythm. Unfortunately, regardless of all the practice I’ve received with communicating, I tend to be quiet in a group setting, and I genuinely think that’s because I’m a silent person at heart. Since class participation is such a large component of English 1102, I need to pull myself out of my comfort zone and find the intrinsic motivation to be more out going in class. I look forward to a great semester!