Publications and Preprints
Here is my Google Scholar profile.
- Sequential Change Detection by Optimal Weighted L2 Divergence.
Liyan Xie and Yao Xie. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Information Theory, 2021.
- Sequential Change Detection: Classical Results and New Directions. (Survey paper)
Liyan Xie, Shaofeng Zou, Yao Xie, and Venugopal V. Veeravalli. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Information Theory, 2021.
- High-resolution Spatio-temporal Model for County-level COVID-19 Activity in the US.
Shixiang Zhu, Alexander Bukharin, Liyan Xie, Mauricio Santillana, Shihao Yang, and Yao Xie. ACM Transactions on Management Information Systems, 2021.
- Sequential Subspace Change-Point Detection.
Liyan Xie, Yao Xie, and George V. Moustakides. Sequential Analysis, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 307-335, 2020.
- Convex Parameter Recovery for Interacting Marked Processes.
Anatoli Juditsky, Arkadi Nemirovski, Liyan Xie, and Yao Xie. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Information Theory, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 799-813, Nov. 2020.
- Sequential Change-point Detection via Online Convex Optimization.
Yang Cao, Liyan Xie, Yao Xie, and Huan Xu. Entropy, Special Issue on “Information Theory in Machine Learning and Data Science”. Vol. 20, No.2, 108. 2018.
- Sequential Change-Point Detection for Mutually Exciting Point Processes.
Haoyun Wang, Liyan Xie, Alex Cuozzo, Simon Mak, and Yao Xie. Submitted.
- Early Detection of COVID-19 Hotspots Using Spatio-Temporal Data.
Shixiang Zhu, Alexander Bukharin, Liyan Xie, Shihao Yang, Pinar Keskinocak, and Yao Xie. Submitted.
Preprints and Working Papers
- Distributionally Robust k-Nearest Neighbors for Few-Shot Learning.
Shixiang Zhu, Liyan Xie, Minghe Zhang, Rui Gao, and Yao Xie. Submitted.
- Graph-Based Variable Selection for Survival Analysis.
Xi He, Liyan Xie, Yao Xie, and Pinar Keskinocak.
- Robust Hypothesis Testing with Wasserstein Uncertainty Sets.
Liyan Xie, Rui Gao, and Yao Xie.
- Spectral-CUSUM for Online Community Change Detection.
Minghe Zhang, Liyan Xie, and Yao Xie.
- Online High-Dimensional Change-point Detection using Topological Data Analysis.
Xiaojun Zheng, Simon Mak, Liyan Xie, and Yao Xie.
- Optimality of Graph Scanning Statistic for Online Community Detection.
Liyan Xie and Yao Xie. ISIT 2021.
- Uncertainty Quantification for Inferring Hawkes Networks.
Haoyun Wang, Liyan Xie, Alex Cuozzo, Simon Mak, and Yao Xie. Neurips 2020.
- Online Community Detection by Spectral CUSUM.
Minghe Zhang, Liyan Xie, and Yao Xie. ICASSP 2020.
- Asynchronous multi-sensor change-point detection for seismic tremors.
Liyan Xie, Yao Xie, and George V. Moustakides. ISIT 2019.
- Robust hypothesis testing using Wasserstein uncertainty sets.
Rui Gao, Liyan Xie, Yao Xie, and Huan Xu. NeurIPS 2018 (Spotlight).
- First-order optimal sequential subspace change-point detection.
Liyan Xie, George V. Moustakides, and Yao Xie. GlobalSIP 2018.
- Nearly second-order optimality of online joint detection and estimation via one-sample update schemes.
Yang Cao, Liyan Xie, Yao Xie, and Huan Xu. AISTATS 2018.
- Communication efficient signal detection for distributed ambient noise imaging.
Liyan Xie, Yao Xie, Sin-Mei Wu, Fan-Chi Lin, and Wenzhan Song. Asilomar 2018.
- Sequential detection of low-rank changes using extreme eigenvalues.
Liyan Xie and Yao Xie. CAMSAP 2017.