- Student Recognition of Excellence in Teaching: Class of 1934 Award, Georgia Tech., 2020.
- GovTech Innovation of the Month (February 2020) for the the work of the Socially-Aware Mobility Lab.
- Outstanding Reviewer: IEEE Transactions on Power Systems (2019).
- A. Russell Chandler III Chair, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2018
- Merit Award. Industrial and Operations Engineering. University of Michigan, 2018.
- Fellow of the INFORMS (Institute for Operations Research and Management Science), 2016.
- Seth Bonder Collegiate Professorship, University of Michigan, 2015.
- Richard Newton Research Excellence Award, NICTA, 2015.
- Test of Time Award (20 years): Association of Logic Programming, 2014
- Senior Visiting Fellow: Institute of Advanced Studies, University of Bologna, 2014
- IFORS Distinguished Lecturer, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 2013.
- Ulam Fellow, Center for NonLinear Studies, Los Alamos, 2012.
- Doctor Honoris Causa, the University of Nantesx, 2014
- Philip J. Bray Award for teaching excellence in the physical sciences, Brown University, 2010.
- Fellow of the Association for the Advancement of Artifical Intelligence (AAAI), 2009
- Doctor Honoris Causa, University of Louvain, Belgium, 2009.
- ACP Award for Research Excellence in Constraint Programming, 2016.
- IBM Faculty Award, 2004.
- INFORMS Computing Society (ICS) Award for research excellence at the intersection of computer science and operations research, 2002.
- NSF National Young Investigator Award (USA), 1993.
- Best Paper Award (March 2021) in the IEEE Transactions of Power Systems
- Journal track of the 29th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI 2020)
for the paper “OptStream: Releasing Time Series Privately”.
- CP-2016. Best Paper Award, 2016.
- CPAIOR-2016: Fast-tracked paper to Constraints, 2016.
- AAAI-15, Best Paper Award, Blue Sky Research Track, Austin, Texas, 2015.
- CPAIOR-2015: Fast-Tracked paper to Constraints, 2015.
- Prestigious Applications of Intelligent Systems (PAIS’14), Best paper Award, 2014.
- Best paper award at SEDE’09, 2009.
- Distinguished Paper at IJCAI’07 (one of 3 out of 1353 submissions), 2007.
- Distinguished Paper CP’04, Toronto, Canada, 2004.
- Best Paper Award, CP’03, Kinsale, Ireland, 2003.
Awards by Students
- Guenyeong Byeon. 2020 Rising Stars in Computational and Data Science
University of Texas at Austin.
- Guenyeong Byeon, Richard and Eleanor Towner Prize for Outstanding PhD research. (2019).
- Mohd Hafiz Hasan 2019: Distinguished Student Paper Award, CP’2019, Stamford, CT. (2019).
- Edward Lam: 2019 ACP Doctotoral Dissertation Award, Association of Constraint Programming, (2019).
- Terrence Mak: INFORMS ICS Student Prize (runner up), (2016).
- Byron Tasseff: NSF Graduate Research Fellow. (2016).
- Justin Yip: Best Thesis Award. Honorable Mention. (2013).
- Nabeel Gillani: Rhodes Scholarship (2012).
- Nabeel Gillani: Brown University Distinguished Senior Thesis Award (2012).
- Carleton Coffrin: 2011 INFORMS North Eastern Conference, Best Poster (2011).
- Carleton Coffrin: INFORMS 2010 Doing Good with Good OR Competition, Finalist (2010).